Ten Sloan Scholars presented short talks about their research at the 2022 Duke UCEM Research Summit on February 17. Now in its third year, the summit offers an opportunity for Sloan Scholars to present their research relatively early in their graduate school careers. As part of their professional development, the Scholars also received coaching on their presentations before the summit.
Howard Conyers (Ph.D.’09 Mechanical Engineering) delivered the keynote address, speaking about his professional experience as a NASA engineer and a pitmaster and barbecue enthusiast.
Watch the Summit
Jump to Specific Presentations
- Judith Dominguez, Mechanical Engineering
- Cameron Darwin, Mathematics
- Samantha Howell, Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Yasmin Roye, Biomedical Engineering
- Daniel Santana, Chemistry
- Antonia Bruce, Chemistry
- Kyle Pinheiro, Computer Science
- Jaleesia Amos, Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Jafer Vakil, Chemistry
- Lillian Ekem, Biomedical Engineering
- Howard Conyers, Keynote Speaker